Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Meetinghouse locator

So you've seen the church's meetinghouse locator. You put in your address and it tells you where the closest one is. They've now stepped it up a notch. If you put in your address (or if you're on vacation, a general vicinity of where you'll be staying, it will let you choose to use either Google Maps or Microsoft Virtual Earth (2d/3d beta) to locate all meeting houses nearby (street, satellite, hybrid views), tell you what the ward names are, and what time they're meeting. I don't know about you, but walking into an unfamiliar ward on vacation or just after moving, it's nice to say "I'm trying to attend the _____ ward, that starts at ____.", it'd make me more comfortable.

Check it out.

3 comments:

Okie said...

That is very interesting....I didn't even know it existed, yet alone with plugins to Google/Microsoft Maps. Very cool.

Josh Moore said...

Yeah...I asked my buddy at the church why there isn't a temple locator. Hopefully it'll be included soon.

Anonymous said...

Let's do it! In November!